I have decided that every month I am going to write a few tips that should help anyone looking for an online income. This month I am going to focus on established sites that are not getting traffic.
One of the frustrating things is that you put all that effort in to creating a web site and no one visits! I know this feeling myself. There are some ways to overcome this.
1. Build more useful content. Really focus your content on your audience and try and give them something they cannot get elsewhere. Make sure your content has a sprinkling of keywords that people are actually searching for.
2. Make sure you have submitted the site to MSN, Yahoo and Google. Don’t bother with those sites that promise to submit you to hundreds of search engines in one go. Do it one by one and don’t take short cuts.
3. Don’t underestimate offline marketing and gorilla techniques. Gorilla marketing is non-traditional tactics that attempt to encourage "buzz" or word of mouth communication. Remember the guy with the milliondollarhomepage.com – he used these techniques.
4. Write content for other sites. Try offering an established web site an article for free with a link back to your site. Make sure the article is well written and on-topic for your target web site.
5. Participate in online forums and build up a reputation. Don’t go wading in with links to your sites and self-blatant promotion. Offer the forum some knowledge and participate fairly.
OK thatâ€™s all for now folks. Remember the most valuable tip is to never give in.